PIMS Support Page
UPC will continue to support PIMS in its current version, but will not make any changes or updates other than keeping the offense table updated with the latest legislative changes. If you need support for PIMS, please contact Ron and he will either help you immediately or schedule a day/time to assist you.
Offense Table Update Information
The offense table update file contains the latest legislative changes and updates for the offense table in PIMS. To update your offense table, you do the following:
- Download the offense table update file (see below)
- Open PIMS as an Administrator and click on the Administrator menu
- Find the Offense Import link in the administration screen and click on it (it will be a pencil icon)
- In the window that pops up, click on the Browse button and navigate to the file you downloaded in step 1
- Click on the PIMSOffenseUpdate.csv file that you downloaded to select it
- Click on the Import button
- When it's done, go back to the administration screen, scroll to the bottom and click the Refresh All Lists button to make the changes visible
The offense import will run without any notification or progress shown until it is done. It can take up to a few minutes depending on your network speed. When it is done, you will see how many records were imported.
Download: Offense Update File (last updated on 11-14-2016)
The Template Assistant is a software program created by UPC to assist in making templates. It is a simple list of available merge codes that you can use in your templates to extract data and insert it into the document.
Download: PIMS Template Assistant Software
PIMS Video Training
The following links will open a new window with a video available to play.
Download the editing templates video below to your computer. The download will be a compressed file (.zip) containing all of the materials in a single download. To access them, you will need to extract (unzip) them into their separate files. The easiest way to do this is using software that is already available on your computer. Once you have downloaded the .zip file, you can extract them by right clicking on the file and selecting Extract All... from the context menu shown. You can select the folder you want them to be extracted to, or just accept the default. When that is done, you will have the video file available to play on your computer.